|Friday Night Lights! My son is the "O" in Vero :)|
|DD, DH & DF spectators at Skim Jam|
Generally I do my household catching up on Mondays - a little bit of cleaning perhaps, a lot of personal bookkeeping and desk work, schedule appointments, find the laundry room floor, stuff like that - but since I woke up this morning to find Monday already gone, I'm already feeling slightly stressed and very behind and it's not even lunchtime on what I consider to be the first day of the week. I'm managing, however, to stuff the rising panic and guilt about my haunting personal to-do list, and focus instead on my knitting-related to-do list.
I started the morning by sheepishly emailing a new client and asking her to resend the pattern I'm editing for her as I had saved it on, and only on, the one computer in the house that died over the weekend. Very first pattern she's given me to edit. Impressive, no?
Next I got started on a test knit that I'm really excited about. Can't give it away, of course, but I'm always tickled to learn new techniques or constructions, and it's a bonus when I can use stash yarn to do so. Out comes some brown and greens left over from last summer's twin blankies, and some more green from two summers ago. The test is a cowl pattern which intrigued me enough to volunteer even though I have no earthly use for a wool blend cowl in Florida.
It starts out with a crochet provisional cast on. Now, my summer knitting made me quite proficient at a knitted provisional cast on ("front, behind, behind, behind"), which I used for Lente, and the Blue Hen Blankie, and Rad Vlad; but I'd not yet learned a crochet version till this morning. Wish I'd taken a photo in process, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I crocheted a chain of 50 sts in waste yarn, then simply knitted into the back bump of each chain. Voila!