Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday: What's needling me

While most moms I know in other parts of the country are sending their kids back to school this morning, we still have five days to go in our leisurely Christmas* break. (* I know, I know, the school calendar says "winter break", but in my Florida household it's much more Christmastime than wintertime, and so it shall be.) So we're still in a cycle of staying up late and sleeping in, except for my DH who maintains his usual bedtime and gets up for dawn patrol to catch some waves before work each day.

Thought I'd enjoy my coffee on the couch with some knitting this morning, but I got sidetracked by blogging.....isn't it usually the other way around? My favorite project right now is Irish Coffee.....hmmmm...too early in the morning for either kind, I guess.

I'm mid-heel flap on the first sock - two-color eye-of-partridge...in a pear tree. (And yes, the Christmas decorations are still up. Today is the ninth day of Christmas, and while I have no dancing ladies here, I'm still very much enjoying the observance.)  I am loving Bijou Basin Ranch's Tibetan Dream Sock yarn, but I've learned the hard way that the fine-gauge cabling and twisted-stitching of this pattern makes it a "natural daylight only" project for me and my middle-aged eyes.

So for lamplight and TV watching I have the 10-stitch blanket to work on. There's a baby on the way (not in this household, good gracious!), and I've the feeling she won't wait till her February 19 due date.

Not as thrilled with this project as I expected, but it does have the advantage of being practically mindless except for counting the short-row corners.  And the yarn is key - Cotton Supreme Batik is a machine washable and dryable cotton.  Colorway is Sea Glass.
Still dearly loved but shoved in a bag for now is Florence.
The body is finished and the first sleeve started, but she's for me so, alas, she waits.

So far the only serious resolution I have for the new year is that I publish more WIP Wednesday posts in 2013 and that these 3 projects do not appear in all of them.



1 comment:

  1. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.
    micro needling treatment
    microneedle therapy
    micro needle
    micro needle therapy
    facial needling
    microneedling facial
    Microneedling Face Lift Therapy
    Microneedling Face Lift Therapy

    ReplyDelete